Friday, August 17, 2007

I admit it.. I am an addict!

I am a Koffee with Karan addict. I tune in every sunday evening to watch an online version of the episode. And boy, during a summer where there isn't any original programming, watching KWK allows me an escape from the depression I suffer on Sunday evenings. I watch it for what people are gonna wear to the show, how they are going to behave and lastly how openly will they answer the rapid fire round. The "famous" rapid fire that has fueled fire to many controversies and has started quite a few catfights, which is not a good thing. But come on, it is really funny to hear great answers to a funny series of questions like "When a star says this, he/she really means....." or a "An actor/actress who needs a style check".

So, last sunday, I watched the Himesh Reshammiya episode. For someone who was a Himesh hater, I now actually have respect for the guy. He was very humble, forthright and actually seemed nice. I respect him for the fact that he willingly admits that he wants to win over the people who hate him and is not one of those that can just ignore that section.

What's goin on with our host? I am starting to get a little annoyed with KJo. His style of questioning has become more to the tune of being belligerent. Case in point, the Rakhi Sawant show, where Rakhi was trying to not answer a question about whether or not she had had plastic surgery, but Mr Karan had to constantly ask her, and finally she gave in and said "Haan, maine kiya hai". He never dare do such a thing to his good friends or people who are established in the film society. Heck, he wouldn't even have a show, if not for his "star" pals who keep coming back again and again. But, when it comes to a Reshammiya or a Sawant, no holds barred.

What is up with that gift hamper?? It tickles me to the core when people joke about how much they want it. Ok, I know that they are just saying it for the heck of it, but if you saw the Rakhi Sawant or the Himesh episodes, poor guys, they really felt honored to receive it!

Now, you are asking yourself, that I just said that I was addicted to KWK. Well, is anyone ever called an addict if they have too much of a good thing! HAH ;)

Catch all episodes of KWK here

3 comments:

burf said...

hell! so the fact is well established by you too, now, that there could be some good in everything crap

you just have to have a nose

Anonymous said...

Guess its the case of the "established " picking on the novices and ones with not much connection... Teenage bullying in the glamour world.. touche'

Never Mind!! said...

I spent an entire 'work-from-home' wednesday watching KWK. And I agree akhi Sawant felt soo previleged to even be on the show!

And by the way, stumbled upon your blog on Friday and have spent the entire weekend here....and am still not done! Cool blog!!